Thursday 12 January 2012

Who Do You Think You Are? Live

A quick post just to announce what I'll be up to at this year's WDYTYA? Live in London. As well as giving two talks in the Society of Genealogists workshop programme, one on Scottish church records (Fri 5.30pm-6.15pm) and the other on Irish family history resources online (Sat 3.00pm-3.45pm), I'll also be doing an hour's stint on each day within the society's research advice area. This will be from 11am-12pm, and I hope to be able to help with queries particularly on the Scottish and Irish front. Incidentally, I believe the two talks I'm doing, along with many others at the event, will be signed for the deaf - see www.whodoyouthinkyouarelive.com/workshop-schedule for more details on all the talks.

Throughout the weekend I will be mainly based at the Family and Local History Handbook stall, where this year Bob and Liz Blatchford are launching the first ever edition of The Irish Family and Local History Handbook (www.genealogical.co.uk). Trust me, this one's definitely worth getting - when first launched at the Back to Our Past event in Dublin last year Bob's stock went from his stall like the plague was in town!

There's more on the event itself at www.whodoyouthinkyouarelive.com - see ye there!

Oh - and I'll be bringing my video camera again!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment