Thursday 14 February 2013

Welsh newspapers project

I'm not sure if I have blogged about this before (I thought I had but I can't find it!), but the National Library of Wales has been quietly working away to digitise some 2 million pages of Welsh newspapers. The project has been on the go since 2009, with plans to launch the service sometime in the early part of this year. There is a detailed description of the work at www.llgc.org.uk/index.php?id=4723.

The journals and newspapers included are listed at www.llgc.org.uk/index.php?id=5668 and www.llgc.org.uk/index.php?id=5669.

(With thanks to Family Search's Wales Genealogy Research page at www.facebook.com/WalesGenealogy)

Chris

Pre-order my new book, Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet, through Pen and Sword (30 April 2013), or purchase early at Who Do You Think You Are Live 2013 in London. For my other genealogy books, please visit  http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html; whilst for my online Scottish based genealogy courses please visit the Pharos Teaching and Tutoring Ltd site.

No comments:

Post a Comment