Friday 8 February 2013

Who Do You Think You Are Live 2013 - preview

Who Do You Think You Are Live (www.whodoyouthinkyouarelive.com) has released a video on YouTube promoting the 2013 event in London happening in two weeks times, from Feb 22nd-24th.

Keep an eye out for the first guy talking with the Yorkshire accent - that's Bob Blatchford, editor (with his lovely wife Liz!) of both the new editions of the indispensable Family and Local History Handbook (Vol. 14) and the Irish Family and Local History Handbook (Vol. 2). I'll be at the event for the three days, and whilst I will be doing a couple of talks and book signings, for most of that time I will be helping Bob and Liz again to sell the new editions of the handbooks, so do pop along and say hi - we'll be on Stand 930, right across from FindmyPast in the centre of the hall! For more on the books see http://genealogical.co.uk.

Here's the vid:



At the event I'll be giving the following talks (for tickets see www.whodoyouthinkyouarelive.com/about-show/society-genealogists-workshop-programme):

Friday 22nd Feb 2013, 2.30-3.15pm, SOG Regional Studio
Discover Scottish Marriages

Saturday 23rd Feb 2013, 5.00-5.45pm, Celebrity Theatre/SOG Theatre 1
Irish Family History Online

I'll also be signing copies of my new book Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet (being released exclusively at the event ahead of it formal publication date of April 30th). The signings will be on Saturday 23rd at 4pm, and Sunday 24th at 11am - I believe it will be at the Your Family History/Pen and Sword stall, which is Stall 920, opposite the Ancestry.co.uk bookstall (again in the middle!)

See ye there! :)





Chris

Pre-order my new book, Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet, through Pen and Sword (30 April 2013), or purchase early at Who Do You Think You Are Live 2013 in London. For my other genealogy books, please visit  http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html; whilst for my online Scottish based genealogy courses please visit the Pharos Teaching and Tutoring Ltd site.

2 comments:

  1. Will I be able to pick up a copy of your new book on Friday at WDYTYA Live or are they just available on the Saturday? Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should be there all three days (unless it sells out, fingers crossed!). I believe it will only be available on the Your Family History/Pen and Sword stand though, but may be wrong on that.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete