Monday 18 March 2013

British GENES St. Paddy's Day competition winners!

Four books were on offer for the British GENES St Paddy's Day competition (see http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/saint-patricks-day-competition-time.html) - first prize being my new book Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet and the Family and Local History Handbook 14, with second prize being the Irish Family and Local History Handbook 2 and my own Discover Scottish Land Records.

The question was: In April 1845, the partial civil registration of marriage commenced in Ireland (non-Roman Catholic religious weddings and civil marriages) - but in what year did the civil registration of ALL births, marriages and deaths finally get underway on the island?

The answer: 1864

There was a great response with 87 entries! For the draw, I needed someone skilled in the arts of messing about with wee bits of paper, and so the winners have been chosen by my youngest son Jamie!

So here goes...



Commiserations if you failed to win, and congratulations to the winners, Diane Bamberger (not sure where you are!), and to Carole-Anne Hamilton in Ottawa, Canada. I'll be in touch shortly!

And special thanks to Bob Blatchford and Rupert Harding for prizes - and to the mighty force that is Jamie Paton!

(To purchase copies of my books, see details in the Books tab at the top of the blog site!)

Chris

My new book, Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet, is now available from Pen and Sword. For my other genealogy books, please visit  http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html; whilst for my online Scottish based genealogy courses please visit the Pharos Teaching and Tutoring Ltd site.

No comments:

Post a Comment