Thursday 9 November 2017

Rejoining the Association of Professional Genealogists

Earlier today I took part in the first of a series of new planned CPD sessions by the Association of Professional Genealogists (www.apgen.org) Britain, Ireland and the Isles chapter, where I was interviewed alongside fellow genealogist Lorna Moloney (Merriman Research & Training Ltd) by Fiona Fitzsimons (Eneclann) about various aspects of working as a professional genealogist. Thanks to both Lorna and Fiona for what was a great session, and to those who attended and asked questions.

I was previously a member of the APG a few years ago, but did not renew my membership as back then it seemed very much US centred and focussed, and I wasn't really sure what I was getting for my money. However, with the Britain, Ireland and the Isles chapter now established and offering activities on this side of the pond, I'm delighted to say that I've finally signed up again today as a member.

Absolutely nothing about the services I currently offer will change, but readers may wish to note that APG members adhere to a Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct, which you can find detailed at https://www.apgen.org/ethics/index.html

Chris

My next 5 week long Scotland 1750-1850: Beyond the OPRs course commences Nov 6th 2017 - details at https://www.pharostutors.com/details.php?coursenumber=302. For my genealogy guide books, visit http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html, whilst details of my research service are at www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk. Further content is also published daily on The GENES Blog Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BritishGENES.

No comments:

Post a Comment